Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, May 28, 2013


Welcome to our little piece of the internets. Since we just threw this blog together recently, and I doubt many of our readers will know all of us, I thought it would be a good idea to give a little background about all of our lovely authors for the blog.


The idea for this blog is to be able to have all of us come here to talk about all the stuff we love: video games, movies, books, comics, TV shows, or any other random stuff that comes to our heads! I got a small group of some of my close friends together who thought that this could be a fun idea, so let's have a few introductions so everyone knows each other!


AA: I guess I'll start with myself: I'm Alex, but my friends call me Dinosaur. I just graduated from college with a BS in Plastics Engineering and currently work in product development for a company that makes adhesives. I've always been a huge movie buff, and used to run my own blog (and probably will still post on there from time to time) where I did movie reviews. I also love to play video games, read comics, and just geek out in general.

BG: Ooo Me next! I am Bonni, I too just graduated from college with a B.S. in Chemistry. Clearly all of us involved love nerdy things to some degree, however, I feel I am way outnumbered here. I am one of the only girls working on this project so we will see how that goes. Anyway I have always loved reading and have another blog dedicated to book reviews. I also love watching movies and TV shows and listening to new music. Most of my posts will be movie/book or combo reviews and if you haven't noticed I tend to ramble and get off topic...

BKG: Hey there. I am Brian. I majored in Game Design and I am a bit of a Video Game Snob. I like talking about games but I always tend to pick out the bad things first. Don’t worry I notice the good things too I just like to play devil’s advocate. I think this will work as a fun counterpoint to a lot of the fandom that happens around video games. I am a media consumer of all types and dabble in many of the Nerdy Arts but I wouldn’t say I am immersed in all of them. From time to time you may see me as the ‘new perspective guy’ on a graphic novel or a film. My main passion is board and card games. MtG (Magic:The Gathering) is a love of mine and all sorts of other tabletop experiences including DnD so that will be my focus.

PL: Hi everyone, I'm Peter.  I guess you can call me Peter L, since there seem to be two of us on here.  I've got a B.S. in Plastics Engineering, and I'm working on a Master's in the same.  I watch moviesthough not nearly as many as Alexand I'm really into movie soundtracks.  John Williams, James Horner, and Danny Elfman are a few of my favorite composers.  I read booksmostly young adult fictionand I expect to review some of my favorite series eventually.  I like to read books that have been turned into movies or soon will be, and then compare both versions.  I'm also a bit of a writermostly short storiesand I even published a collection of them once (here's a link to it on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/p3baupo).  So, I guess I'll be posting about these things.  That's about it from me.

AL: Continuing the trend of name-thievery, I’m also Alex, but my loved ones (That means you, Reader) all call me Trubbs. I don’t have any fancy college degrees to wave around, so I’ll take the everyman stance. I’m big into Horror/Exploitation, and all the gooey-nasty stuff that goes along with the genre. I’m also big into so-called “Retro Gaming”, so if you’re looking for somebody who has an opinion on what games you should buy for your shiny new Panasonic 3DO, I’m your man. Lastly, I’m very strongly opinionated when it comes to music, so don’t be surprised if I spend a day or two ranting about my love for bands you probably detest (and rightfully so, Dear Reader!). -- Side note, Boo Berry is the greatest cereal of all time. Fact.

DS: And then we come to me.  My name’s Dwight and I majored in Video Production in college. I currently work as an Audio Engineer and occasionally dabble in making my own short movies.  When it comes to my interests, I’m very much like a Red Mage.  I have learned a lot about many subjects, but haven’t really mastered any of them.  Gaming, movies, and comics are my biggest passions.  I’m a big fan of the classic Nintendo era of gaming.  There is just something in those squares and rectangles of grey plastic that call to me.  In the world of movies, I like anything from horror, to comedy, to action, hell even romance is fine if the story and characters are strong enough. Pretty much anything is fair game there.  In comics I’m very focused on the Marvel universe with a couple of Indy titles thrown in for good measure.  From me you can expect pieces on all of the above and more.

MC: I'm Mike aka Mexico, I am going to school for Plastics Engineering and I currently work at Gamestop. I'm big into video games, mostly sports, shooters, and RPGs
(non-japanese). I read some comics, like the new reboots of Gambit and Hawkeye, along with anything X-Men related. I tend to find myself playing NHL 13, Borderlands, Diablo.  Along with video games, I also used to play a lot of Magic: The Gathering.  My reviews will mostly be of video games and events in the video game industry.

AA: As you might expect, some of our authors are very busy with their day jobs and such, so I (the Dinosaur) am going to write a (mostly true bio for all of them.

In the spirit of doubles, our next writer is another Peter. Peter is majoring in some sort of video production at a (hopefully accredited) college. Peter has been running his own movie review blog for the past year and change, most of which involves being a bitter old man about everything. His favorite movie is The Notebook, because he is a Nicholas Sparks fanboy. He hates anything by respectable directors like Quentin Tarantino and Christopher Nolan, but not because he’s seen them, just because he liked to be a contrarian.

Next, we have Tiffany. Tiffany is our only other female author for the blog. I refuse to admit that she is engaged to Dwight (yes, the Dwight that also writes for us) because I still believe I have a chance at happiness with him. Tiffany majored in something in the same realm as Dwight, but I don’t know. (Wow, I really know nothing about anyone writing for us.) She currently lives in Antarctica with her best friend, Paul the polar bear. Their favorite pastime is curling and listening to Kelly Clarkson.

Last, and certainly least, is Jack. Jack is huge into retro-gaming (mostly NES and SNES) and all kinds of music. Jack and I actually had a band in high school called Stereohead. We were a two-piece acoustic cover band of Radiohead. We were too awesome to stay in existence, obviously. I don’t want to pretend like I know what Jack does for a living, but I know it is some sort of company that makes File Management Software. I’m guessing it is just a cover for his secret life as Hannah Montana. Oops, was I not supposed to give that away? Sorry!

So, that’s about it. Now you’ve met everyone. I leave it up to you to figure out what is true and what is slightly less true...but trust me, I would never lie to you, Dear Reader!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

- Copyright © 2013 Nonsensical Ramblings -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -