Posted by : Unknown Friday, June 14, 2013


If you haven’t noticed from my many posts about Game of Thrones, I only have a few select specialties when it comes to truly geeking out. I never used to really like, or was able to appreciate the world of fantasy. When the Harry Potter series first came out I was hesitant to even give it a chance. Once I did, however, it changed my world! I have fallen in love with the world of fantasy now. I love to get lost in another world and pretend I am a part of it all. I wanted to write an article that had something to do with Harry Potter, but wasn’t quite sure how because it is not exactly a recent thing.


I have decided to put a list together of my top 10 favorite side characters in the Harry Potter universe.
Note: I had some help from my good friend Claire when trying to think up some of these characters. She is an even bigger Harry Potter nerd than me or anyone I know. Anyway here it is!

10. John Dawlish:


So who is this guy? I didn’t know either, this is one of Claire’s picks. I didn’t know too much about him, but when I did some research he ended up being pretty cool. He's an auror who works with Kingsley. He seems pretty chill. Dawlish was knocked out along with Kingsley Shacklebolt, Dolores Umbridge, and Cornelius Fudge when Dumbledore, who had taken the blame on himself, escaped Hogwarts. He is apparently named after the Leaky Cauldron Director John Noe which makes him pretty cool. You can check out more here: http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizards/a-z/d.html.

9. Hedwig:



I mean seriously, she is Harry Potter’s badass owl! I feel like on numerous occasions she is the hero of the story. She is a super loyal companion, always there when Harry needs a friend. She saves Harry all the time and, sadly, sacrifices herself in order to save her owner in the end.

8. Molly Weasley:


So I mostly love Molly because she seems so homely and motherly and nurturing until BAM! She becomes awesome! She comes in wand a-waving in the final fight scene of the series and is like “What up Bellatrix? You ain’t gonna lay a finger on my daughter!” So yeah she is a sweetheart, but I love that she kind of isn’t too haha.

7. Fred and George Weasley:

Alright come on, who doesn’t love these two? Yes I count them as one person because they pretty much are. These two are always causing a hilarious ruckus whether it is a new product for their store or just plain old causing chaos for the fun of it, you can always count on them to bring a spark of fun to the event. They are kind of like the Merry and Pippin of the HP universe, comic relief, but always there for the main character when needed.

6. Lavender Brown:


This was another one that Claire picked. I probably would not have picked her at first, but then when I thought about it I kind of agreed. She was Ron’s first relationship which was pretty hilarious, but Claire also brought up the point of the ambiguity of her story at the end of Deathly Hallows. Does she die? Is she a werewolf? She turns out to be a pretty interesting character.

5. Nymphadora Tonks:


First off she is a freakin’ Metamorphmagus! She can change her appearance like it is no big deal. Second she marries Remus Lupin who just so happens to be my favorite Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor. Lastly she is a cool Hufflepuff! How often does that happen? I say enough said she is just awesome and gets a well deserved spot in the top 5.

4. Kingsley Shacklebolt:


Take a look at that picture and try to tell me this guy isn’t a BAMF. He is an auror as well working with Dumbledore behind the backs of the Ministry of Magic. He gets to fight in almost all of the major battles and protects the Minister of Magic, the Prime Minister, and Harry. He is a hero and after the Battle at Hogwarts he is named the new Minister of Magic so I think it is pretty obvious how crazy awesome this dude is, plus his Patronus is a lynx.

3. Minerva McGonagall:


Professor McGonagall, what can I say, she is by far my favorite of the Hogwarts professors. She is an Animagus and can turn herself into a cat which is pretty cool, plus she is powerful enough to gain control over all of the statues in Hogwarts and can just kick ass whenever need be. I love that she seems so strict and competitive and mean, but when it really comes down to it she is really nice and sticks up for people. She is a truly loyal professor and is looking out for all of her students.

2. Neville Longbottom:


Man is he a good looking fellow or what? I love Neville. Yeah, maybe he was in the book a lot and some might not consider him a side character, but I do. He is mentioned and appears briefly in all the books, but until the last few he is NOT a spotlight character. I love that his role kind of comes out of nowhere. He is just this nerdy kid with not many friends and then all of a sudden he is a hero! He is the one who defeats Nagini in the end and is always wanting to show how loyal and awesome he is. People just wouldn’t give him a chance, but I knew, it is always the least likely to step up to the plate in the end.

1. Luna Lovegood:


She is so freakin’ quirky, I can’t even handle it. I love Luna and everything she stands for. You can be different and still be amazing! She is another one like Neville who from pretty much the second they appeared in the story I fell in love. She befriends Harry when he is at his lowest, and is there for him through the rest of the series. Even when Harry chooses not to include Neville and Luna in his big quest for the horcruxes, they both are fighting from Hogwarts the whole time. Honestly Neville and Luna are pretty much tied in my book for awesomeness, but someone had to win out and I am in love with every quirk that Luna has.


Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

- Copyright © 2013 Nonsensical Ramblings -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -